Kirra Beach is the place to be for a relaxing holiday. You’ll be close to one of the most spectacular beaches, a modest taxi fair from the airport (but miles away from the flight paths), and you’re just off the highway if you want to head further North. With an always expanding dining and social scene, and a short walk from Coolangatta there is plenty to see and do. Whether you’re on the coast for the Magic Millions, are here to celebrate Australia Day or are looking for something fun to see and do – Kirra is where you’ll want to stay.
Magic Millions is one of the social highlights of the year and the next event will be held on January 13th, 2018. Although that is still a little while away – it’s worth getting ready, and booking early. The 2016 event became the first $10 million race day, and the 2018 event is set to be even better.
Whether you’re in it for the high glamour fashion, or want to place a bet – it’s an event loved by all and it attracts national and international attention.
If you’re lucky enough to be travelling, you can’t beat the Gold Coast as the place to be on Australia Day, so here are our top 5 suggestions to celebrate like a local:
1. Buy or bring a cricket set and play a game or two on the beach with your family and friends. Bonus points if you set up a beach side BBQ at one of the many free barbecues along the beach front.
2. Check out the Australia Day Fireworks at the Broadwater Parklands where there will be live music, food trucks and much more.
3. Try your luck at Barefoot Bowls with your friends.
4. Check out OzFest at Miami with the bands British India, Urthboy, Ball Park Music and more – you can book tickets here: http://www.oz-fest.com.au/
5. Get out on the water at one of the many boat hire places. The Tweed River which is just a few minutes south of Kirra has a number of options, or if you want to up the luxury you can head to Marina Mirage and hire a yacht for the day.
If you’re after something different and want to see as much as possible, why not do a Segway Tour of Coolangatta! This is the perfect activity for any age and allows you to view the incredible coastline without tiring out.
Or why not get one step closer to being a coast local and take a surfing lesson while you’re on holiday. There are lessons suitable for most ages, and often it’s a matter of heading down to the beach and you’ll see the surf school vans.
As summer is the busy period, we’d recommend calling and booking in advance so you don’t miss out. To find out more about a short stay, or accommodation for your family holiday or business trip, call (07) 5523 7900, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.